Cheap Health Insurance for Students in Germany or Austria
from only €28.00 / month (max. 5 years) !
Private Health Insurance for Students in Language Schools and Studienkolleg,
Scholarship holders, Postgraduate or Ph.D. Students.
Can be used for Visa Application or Extension!
HanseMerkur Versicherungsgruppe in Hamburg - Advigon Versicherung AG
Visa Application and Extension:
Yes, you can use the insurance for Visa Application or Extension at the embassy and in the Aliens Department (Ausländerbehörde).
The insurance meets the current valid visa requirements and can be used for Visa Application or Extension.
The required minimum coverage of EUR 30,000 is ensured and stated on the insurance policy.
Insurance documents: A few minutes after your Online Application, you will receive your insurance documents by email. The insurance policy documents are needed for your doctor's appointment, presentation at embassies, consulates, and foreign authorities.
Print and use them for your next doctor's visit, Visa Application, or Extension.
Health Insurance for Students in Germany or EU Europe
Pupils / Students in language schools, DSH courses, Studienkolleg or Ph.D. Students
Student Health Insurance: Who can use it?
- Students in Studienkolleg on German Universities, Fachhochschule or Musikakademie (music academy)
- Language Students / Pupils, e.g., in a language course on German universities or schools
- Guest students in Germany
- Scholarship holders (Scholarship Insurance)
- Doctorate Students and Postgraduate like Ph.D. students on Universities in Germany (Health Insurance for Ph.D.)
- Participants in international projects at universities and colleges
- Exchange students like Erasmus program, Socrates, or DAAD
- Foreign Students on Working Holiday, Work & Travel or Work & Study programs in Germany, EU, or the Schengen States
- Study and educational trips in Germany, the EU or Schengen-States
- Other further education
Health Insurance Students: Which countries are covered in the Health-Insurance?
There are four different cases. It generally depends on your nationality and the place of living in the last years. The following groups can insure themselves via the health insurance coverage Care College Basic, Comfort, or Premium for the purpose of training or further education:
- Foreign nationals traveling temporarily to Germany or the European Union (EU) or the Schengen states
European Union: current member states
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
- Foreign nationals living in Germany or Austria and intending to travel abroad temporarily except to the NAFTA states
- German or Austrian citizens traveling abroad temporarily (except to the NAFTA states)
- German or Austrian citizens living abroad for at least two years and traveling temporarily to Germany or EU / Schengen states
Maximum age of the Students?
The insured students / language school participants must be at least 12 years and no more than 35 years old when the insurance cover begins or on health coverage renewal. Additionally, the policyholder must be at least 18 years of age.
Price of the Student Health Insurance
Premium list of the Health insurance plans Care College, Care College Comfort, and Care College Premium
|Product||Care College Basic||Care College Comfort||Care College Premium|
|Term of insurance||1 – 18 Months||Starting month 19||1 – 18 Months||Starting month 19||1 – 18 Months||Starting month 19|
|€ / Month||28,00||51,00||35,00||59,00||63,00||83,00|
Health Insurance for Students: Short-term and Long-term Medical Insurance
The minimum term of the foreign insurances Care College Basic, Comfort and Premium is one month, the maximum period including any extensions is five years. The Care College insurance can be used as short-term coverage, e.g., for a short visit to a language school or as long-term insurance for up to 60 months (5 years) for DSH preparation or Studienkolleg semesters.
Is it possible to terminate the health insurance policy prematurely?
For example, if the visa is not granted (German: Visum abgelehnt)
- Premature termination may only be applied for in written form like email, fax, or post. The termination application can be given without observing a specific form. The following information is required for processing of your application: your policy number, the name of the insured person, the original expiration date of the policy, desired date of expiration, the reason for termination, and appropriate documentation of the departure.
- Reimbursement of excess payment of premiums is possible, subject to the deduction of a processing fee of €5.00.
- Premature termination is possible in the following cases:
1. If the stay abroad has been prematurely ended.
2. If the participation in language courses or projects is ended and the prerequisites for the policy no longer exist.
3. If you begin a course of study and are subject to compulsory health insurance.
4. If the entry visa is not granted, or if the entry to the country does not occur for other reasons, a written cancellation of the application before the commencement of the policy is possible.
Can I obtain my medical insurance confirmation online?
Yes, shortly after you have completed and sent your online application, you will, after a positive plausibility check, receive a confirmation email to the email address you provided during the online application. This email contains the following documents in PDF format:
- Insurance certificate (insurance policy)
- Treatment vouchers
- Questionnaire regarding insurability
- Terms and conditions of the health insurance
If you need urgent confirmation, please print out these PDF files and use them for visa applications or visa extensions.
Furthermore, if you have a German address, you may receive your insurance confirmation with your insurance card and your insurance certificate also by mail. If you pay by bank transfer, you will also receive your invoice at the same time. Should a positive plausibility check be not possible, you will be contacted in writing.
Are hospital stays and treatment by specialist physicians insured?
Generally, every type of medical treatment that is considered necessary and did not begin before the commencement of the insurance term (prior to illness) is covered. The foreign health insurance includes medical treatment by specialists like orthopedists or gynecologists and in-patient treatment in the general care class, excluding treatment by the head physician.
You will find a detailed list of benefits in the description and the General Terms of Insurance.
Health Insurance for Students in Europa
The Student Health Insurance is valid in all European countries/members of the European Union. The EU Europa member states are:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.